Discover which super food packs the most of this powerful free-radical fighter and how it can give you exceptional health, while adding years to your life.
This vital enzyme catalyzes the breakdown of superoxide radicals, the most common and destructive free radicals in the body, into components consisting of oxygen and hydrogen peroxide.1 SOD then continues its work, neutralizing the resulting by-products of this process to protect cells and tissue from further damage.2
Several studies on aging have found that animals that produce the highest levels of SOD have the longest life spans.3 Normally SOD is created by the body, but by ages 25-30 the levels of enzymes needed to create SOD in any significant amount have diminished.4 This makes it essential, especially for those 25 years and older, to take in extra sources of this antioxidant enzyme.
When it comes to foods with high antioxidant levels, many people immediately think of cocoa or acai berries. However, deep within some northern forests, nature has hidden away a super food with more antioxidant properties than any other edible substance.
These are just some of the names used for thousands of years to refer to the chaga mushroom, long-revered for its curative properties. Chaga mushrooms are a native of Russia, east Europe, Korea, Siberia, North Carolina Mountains and northern portions of the USA. Found growing on the bark of birch trees, the mushroom’s nutrient content actually increases in colder climates.
Don’t be fooled by its unsightly outward appearance. The chaga mushroom is a cocktail of extraordinary complex life-enhancing phytonutrients, a gift from God indeed.
Clinically proven to be one of nature’s safest and most powerful medicinal herbs, chaga extract contains 25- 50 times more SOD antioxidants than the antioxidant powers of vitamin C, wild blueberries, Co Q10, strawberries, seaweeds, fish oils and many essential oils.
In fact, wild-harvested chaga mushrooms have the highest levels of superoxide dismutase content of any known food. 5, 6
Comparison of Active SOD Levels in Several Top Medicinal Mushrooms
The ORAC test was developed by the scientists at the National Institute on Aging (NIA). ORAC (oxygen radical absorbance capacity) scores measure the ability of a food, oil, or spice to absorb free radicals.
Researchers have determined that consuming foods with high ORAC scores helps protect against premature aging and age-related memory loss. Chaga boasts the highest antioxidant capabilities of any known food, as tested by the USDA and Tufts University in Boston, MA.7
Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity Score per 100 grams
Chaga has been tested in over 50 clinical studies and referenced in over 1,600 publications for its various health benefits.
Chaga is highly valued throughout Asia and Europe as a health food and medicine. It has been used to treat various ailments and illnesses from stomach ulcers, tuberculosis, hypertension, viral infections and cardiovascular disease to diabetes. Recently it has attracted attention as a potential therapy for HIV infection. Listed below are just a few of the ways chaga can improve your chances of living a long, healthy life.
Cancer: Laboratory studies have proven chaga mushrooms inhibit cancerous tumor growth, especially in mammary glands and reproductive organs. Chaga has also been shown to prevent side effects of cancer treatments, such as chemotherapy.
Anti-Aging Properties: Phytonutrients protect tissues and cells from free radical damage
Anti-Fungal/Anti-Candida, Anti-Viral and Anti-Bacterial
Immune System Modulator: Chaga is especially beneficial for autoimmune diseases, such as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Fibromyalgia and Rheumatoid Arthritis.
Anti-Inflammatory: Studies have shown that SOD plays a critical role in reducing internal inflammation and lessening pain associated with conditions such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
Heart Disease: Lowers LDL Cholesterol & High Blood Pressure
Diabetes: Improves Insulin Resistance
Skin Disorders: Chaga is an excellent natural treatment for Psoriasis, Eczema, etc.
Increases Energy & Physical Stamina: Boosts energy levels, amps up your motivation and increases the ability to focus, all while promoting a relaxed, calm mood.
- Superoxide Dismutase- Powerful, super-antioxidant enzyme
- Beta Glucans- Healing polysaccharides that modulate & enhance immune system response
- Flavonoids- Antioxidant compounds
- B-vitamins- Play an important role in cell metabolism
- Minerals- Necessary to create vital metabolic enzymes
- Plant Sterols- LDL cholesterol lowering effects
- Melanin- Nourishes hair, skin and nails and restores a youthful appearance
- Betulin & Betulinic acid- Possess anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, & anti-cancer properties
- Germanium- Improves tissue function, lowers high blood pressure, enhances eye health & immune function and provides morphine-like pain relief
- Hundreds of other Phytochemicals & Phytonutrients
Most of the chaga products on the market are man-made, produced from mushrooms that are laboratory-grown in steel vats. The result is an inferior product that contains significantly reduced amounts of SOD, phytosterols and other nutrients abundantly found in wild chaga. In fact, some synthetic versions have been found to have only 1/1000th of the phytosterols and no SOD at all.
North American Herb and Spice’s Wild Chaga has been clinically proven to contain 20,000 active superoxide dismutase units per gram. By comparison, the typical SOD pill supplements contain 200 to 2,000 units per serving and lack the bioavailability of a natural, wild source.
Demand WILD! Unless it is truly wild, as used exclusively by North American Herb & Spice, it should not even be called chaga. North American Herb & Spice’s exclusive, handpicked, raw, wild chaga supplements are what nature intended them to be—NATURAL!
Get Your Daily Dose of Power from Wild Chaga- Order Now & SAVE!
North American Herbs & Spice Chaga Syrup is caffeine-free and can be taken alone or used in your favorite tea, coffee, juices, milk, soups and beverages of any kind. Chag-O-Power Drops let you experience the power of raw chaga under your tongue. ChagaMax with Wild Oregano is also available in capsule form.
All-Natural & Safe
Chaga is completely natural and there have been no reported side-effects in several thousand years of use. There are no known conflicts in using chaga. It is completely safe to use every day, even many times a day. It is recognized as a nutritional supplement and is produced under Good Manufacturing Practices for supplements.
- McCord JM, Fridovich I. Superoxide dismutase. An enzymic function for erythrocuprein (hemocuprein). J Biol Chem 1969;244:6049-55.
- Faraci FM, Didion SP. Vascular protection: superoxide dismutase isoforms in the vessel wall. Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol. 2004 Aug;24(8):1367-73.
- Cutler RG. Antioxidants and longevity of mammalian species. Basic Life Sci. 1985;35:15-73.
- Cutler RG. Antioxidants and aging. Am J Clin Nutr. 1991 Jan;53(1 Suppl):373S-9S.
- Ingram, Cass. D.O. Wild Forest Chaga—The King of All Herbs, Mushroom of Immortality. 2010. www.chagaknowledge.com/chagabenefits.htm.
- Superoxide Dismutase. Dept. of Health and Food Services Research Center. Tokyo, Japan. Dec. 31, 2008.
- Haytowitz, D.B., Bhagwat, S.A., Prior, R.L., Wu, X., Gebhart, S.E., Holden, J.M. 2007. Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity (ORAC) of Selected Food. Tufts University Dept. of Health Sciences. Boston, MA. U.S. Dept of Agriculture, National Institute of Health Project. 2003.